Here's the recipe I promised to share in my first tablescape post. (here) A beautiful medley of farm-fresh vegetables and gorgeous vibrant colors make up this delicious and aromatic dish.
(Full recipe listed below)
I use a rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods - EASY!
Don't skimp on the onions! This recipe calls for four different kinds of onions and combined, they create the most delicious flavor! I didn't use pearl onions this time. (They only had frozen) I used these cute little guys instead, except I can't remember their name!
Four varieties of onions chopped and combined, spinach, roasted poblano pepper, tomatoes, chicken...
Vegetable oil, butter, onions, poblano pepper ~ salt
Add greens, tomatoes and garlic
Add white wine and chicken!
PULLED CHICKEN SAUTE & GLAZED VEGETABLES
Yield: 4 servings1 T vegetable oil4 T butter, divided1/2 C chopped onion (leeks, shallots, pearl onions and yellow onions)1 mild chili pepper, roasted if necessary and cut into stripsKosher salt to taste2 cloves garlic, pasted1/2 C sturdy greens, trimmed, blanched and shocked if necessary (raw savoy spinach)8 yellow and 8 red cherry tomatoes1/4 C white wine1 C leftover roasted chicken torn into 1 inch pieces (I used a Rotisserie Chicken!)Chopped chives for garnish
- In a 12 inch saute pan over medium high heat, add vegetable oil and 2 T butter. Heat until the butter is melted.
- Add onions and pepper. Season with salt until coated.
- Saute the coated vegetables until the onions are fragrant and soft, but before they take on too much color – about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic paste, greens and tomatoes. Season with salt and toss until combined.
- Saute the mixture until the greens are tender, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the white wine and chicken. Shimmy the pan to release any drippings.
- Turn off the heat, and mount the remaining butter by rapidly stirring it into the sauce before serving.
- Sprinkle with chives, taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve with sautéed potatoes or rice and roasted lemon yogurt.
Chef O'Malley also features a roasted lemon yogurt with this dish.
ROASTED LEMON YOGURT1 lemon halved1 T olive oil1 C plain Greek yogurt3 cloves garlic, pastedKosher salt as neededBlack pepper from the mill as needed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine the 2 pieces of halved lemon and olive oil in a small bowl. Season and toss to combine.
- Place the coated lemon onto a small baking sheet and roast until the exposed flesh turns brown. Remove from the oven and let rest.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the greek yogurt, garlic paste and juice from the roasted lemon. Season and stir to combine; reserve until service.
I need to get busy on my next tablescape don't I? July is almost over! I'm not sure I'll be able to motivate myself to do a red, white and blue table as I had planned… We will see.
~ visit my shop online ~
~ follow me ~